Friday, March 12, 2010

What a week................

Well.........Besides fixing up the house completely, putting it on the market, which costs money......Our little Nissan Sentra broke down....It is a car that we have had since college, paid off for years, and it still keeps going.....We decided paying the $900.00 to fix it was worth not having a car payment  for another two years....so we can save up to hopefully by a car outright.......Then we went to the vet..........Our little Sammy dog has been with us for 9 years....unfortunately, he has decided that our daughter's room is a nice place to sneak off to and relieve himself.........This is a behavior not because he has not been let out recently.......and we have tried basically everything to fix it........The carpets have all been freshly cleaned, but if the opportunity lends itself, he takes advantage.......So my husband has reached his breaking point and what do you do?  We thought we may have found an older lady who lost her dog a year ago, that was willing to take him on and then he gets this nasty eye infection.  I take him to the vet 
$ 130.00 later and a bunch of medications, they tell me has abscesses on both eyes and they have never seen a case this bad and they are not sure what caused it..........Then my kids both get the stomach flu and I take him in for a recheck today........they tell me we must now start steroids which increases urination (ugh....) and he must have drops in both eyes 4 times a day and another creme for both eyes because it now appears his eyes are not producing tears  another $55.00.  One eye is bad and it could rupture, which if it does I am to take him in immediately, if nothing happens I have re-check on Monday, if he is not producing tears, this is a long-term issue and I will have to by medication for him monthly for the rest of his life and he may need to go to a doggie opthamologist if it does not get better......My hubby is working today and I have not even called him with the news.  I am now thinking the older lady who was considering Sammy may not want to take this all on.........I love my puppy dog.......... but between the urinating and everything else.........It makes it very difficult!  So hard........Sorry this is a bummer of a post, just keeping it real I guess........Feeling a bit overwhelmed, but have been praying that God will help us find a solution and make the best decision.....  Chandra

No comments:

Post a Comment